Wednesday, April 4, 2012

China Doll

My date tonight, Juls, who happens to be my best friend of 8 years has great taste in food. So when she called me up to ask me out to dinner, it was an offer I couldn't refuse.
We have made a pack to try different restaurants every fortnightly.
We were going to book dinner at Bloodwood because she's been raving about it non-stop so we were curious. But it was booked out. So we opted for something more oriental and China Doll was the perfect choice.

(Click on picture to enlarge)



Located at the Wooloomooloo Wharf, this place was classy and sophisticated. As we were ushered to our seats, and offered the menu, we suddenly heard loud bangs. As I turned to look behind me, there it was a beautiful displayed of fireworks. As we heard ooohs and aaaahs around the tables, I couldn't help but smile and think what a perfect way to start off this dinner.
So Juls and I stared into each other eyes and said at the same time "oooh.. how romantic.." and proceeded with our ooohs and aaahs.

We flipped the cocktails menu and found a wide range of cute cocktail names. I decided to start with China White and Juls ordered something red-ish (should've noted the name down.. sigh)



I really like how the food here can be ordered in half portions :)

Crispy wonton - Scallop & Prawn & Vegetables with XO

Shu Mai - Pork Prawn Scallop with chilli oil


Kurobuta pork & Peanut San Choy Bau

Steamed dumpling - Prawn & Green bean with Chinese red vinegar

Tea smoked duck with tamarind & plum

Penang curry of slow braised wagyu beef shin

chilli sauce, chopped chilli, oil

Appletini

Aloe Aloe

Small dessert platter

Overall, I would describe it as Fusion Malaysian cuisines. It definitely catered more for the Australian crowds as the chillies were so mild I couldn't even taste any. But this is coming from someone who LOVES chilli!!

xx,
Chicabel

CHINA DOLL
6 Cowper Wharf Rd, Woolloomooloo NSW 2011
(02) 9380 6744

www.chinadoll.com.au/


View Larger Map China Doll on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment